Why choose CT?
Why choose Camp Turner?
Register Online / Login
(Online registration system will display openings available
to your camper in each camping session.)
- The program is operated by the Catholic Diocese of Buffalo and is open to all children age seven to sixteen regardless of religious affiliation, race, gender. No proselytizing is allowed.
- Camp Turner is located in Allegany State Park with 65,000 acres to play in and two mountain lakes to swim in.
- There is always a Registered Nurse (or, NP, PA or MD) on site.
- All Staff are trained in CPR, AED, First Aid, Epi-pen use, Behavior Management, Bullying Identification and Intervention, Active Learning, Basic Youth Development, Risk Management, Special Needs, Group Dynamics, Protecting God’s Children (Virtus), Identifying Child Abuse and Neglect and much more. Click to see the Staff Training outline.
- All staff must pass drug screening, criminal background checks, in-person interview and a character reference check. Camp Turner does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender.
- Camp Turner follows strict safe environment policies – no staff is ever allowed to be alone with a camper (except the nurse within his / her scope of practice).
- Camp Turner is small, hosting only about 90 campers per week, with two staff living with each group of ten campers and a staff ratio of 1:10 in most activities (1:8 out of camp or if seven-year-old campers are present).
- Our comfortable and modern facilities will surpass your expectations for a summer camp. All cabins, including the Dining Hall and Shower House are heated and insulated. All windows are screened, doors are crash barred for easy exit, mattresses have inner springs and anti-microbial coatings, and the buildings are hurricane rated for winds up to 110 mph. There are indoor flush toilets, showers, and sinks with an endless supply of on demand hot water. The Dining Hall comfortably seats up to 160 people.
- Meals in the dining hall are all you can eat. Most breakfast and lunch meals include salad bar, cereal bar, white and wheat toast, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, cheese sandwiches and a pasta bowl in addition to the featured entrée. We can accommodate a diet without lactose.
- Campers choose many of their activities each day.
- Horseback riding is included in our base price (many camps charge more).
- We honor cabin mate requests (same age and gender), many camps do not.
Register Online / Login
PO BOX 264, (9150 ASP 3), Salamanca, NY 14779
"Honor God in the Children Confided to Your Care."
Updated 15 January 2014.